"... as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." - Donald H. Rumsfeld ( US Secretary of Defense) February 12, 2002
How are you affected by something you can't see or can barely perceive? After a period of brainstorming and a dramaturgy workshop, Susanne Bentley now reformulates the direction of the Bent Object's "Below 20" research. Distilled research elements include:
- Relationship between the performance (including performer) and spectator
- Presence of performer/environment
- Infrasound - biological effects, subliminal influence
- Suggestion rather than statement
- Domination of the individual by an environment, placed within a period in history in which Western man believes in an increase in control.
New elements to be added include storytelling, visiting hours and possibly some known knowns.